Sunday, August 23, 2009

"100 Worst Album Covers"

That's the title of Fullerton Museum Center's new exhibition, curated by longtime OC music critic Jim Washburn. I ran into Jim and his wife Leslie last night at the Frances Gagnon & IntiIllimani concert at the Orange County Great Park, and Leslie emailed me the link to an article by Jim and a slideshow of 25 of his album cover picks on MSN CityGuide. I'm just terribly disappointed that I never owned any of them.

On the other hand, I did possess an album by Moondog--the true-to-life, towering, bearded, blind musician I used to see around Manhattan street corners in the 1970s dressed as a Viking (the music of this burly man was anomalous--he had a gentle, lighthearded, liliting singing style). His album cover for "Moondog 2" apparently didn't make Washburn's cut. Oh well.

No comments: