Friday, May 7, 2010

Iconic photos at OCMA

Yes, yes, my new headshot represents my 15 minutes of fame. It was taken at the OC Museum of Art exhibition opening last Saturday. I rather like it, even if I cringed a bit at the thought of having my picture taken there--thematically it fits with their exhibition, but it also is sort of theme park-ish (and as a matter of fact, the prior Sunday, my photo was taken similarly as I entered th Pacific Symphony Gala at the Grand Californian Hotel at Disneyland).

All that aside, I cannot recommend highly enough the photography on display in OCMA's show. You may be lured by the names Ansel Adams and Andy Warhol in the title of the exhibition, but they represent just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens and dozens of photos by some of the world's best-known art photographers--some familiar works and others I enjoyed discovering for the first time.

As always, it's hard to really absorb it all at an opening, with socializing weighing heavily upon the agenda. So, I've made up my mind to return for a closer look.
Photo of James Earl Jones by Lawrence Schiller.

No comments: